GalaxyMS Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andrew's GM App

2 posters

Go down

Andrew's GM App Empty Andrew's GM App

Post  IBeAndrew Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:40 am

This is going to be LEGEN- wait for it...

What are you applying for:
Game Master

Name:
Andrew Ling (IGN is Andrew)

Birthday (day/month/year):
13/4/95

How long have you been with us?
Since January the 9th according to my introduction post

Experience (+proof):
-To be Continued(currently looking for proof)-

How you will help us:
I'm helpful, kind and fun, but at the same time I'm not afraid to enforce rules. Being as how I'm a high school senior I tend to have a lot of free time on my hands. I can be on almost any time of the day, whether to help new or veteran players out or just hosting events. I can also help settle any disputes and/or catch those pesky hackers to better promote a more friendly environment.

Reasons for applying:
Your probably reading this application thinking i'm just another guy who wants to be GM because I want the: cool commands, the fancy items, and the special feeling and that is true. But more important I'm applying for this position because I want to be able to help enforce the rules further and better help the community. I want to keep the server hacker free because hackers are like cancer. Once you let one slip another one will come and I don't want the server to turn into a giant tumor.

First thing you would change:
Being as how I don't know how to code I can't exactly change much. A suggestion that I do have is to move all the npcs in the fm that are on the very bottom row a few rows up. Being as how most people usually like to sit and chill in the bottom row the npcs are just a nuisance. Other than that I think the rest of the game mechanics are perfect the way it is.

List some of the rules:
-Spawning anything be it monsters/items for no good reason is prohibited
-Abusing power is a no, this includes banning/jailing/dcing people for no reason.
-Be friendly
-Don't be ignorant and listen to what the players want
-Don't hack or exploit bugs

Why are these rules important?
These rules are important because they keep the community in check. It gives new and/or veteran players a sense of equality because they know that no one is being treated differently.

Should you ever break these rules?
Rules are not set in stone, they are meant to be broken. Now before you close this app please finish listening to what I have to say. If no one were to ever break rules in a sense there would be no reasons for GMs, in its own way the rule-breakers are the ones "paying" the GMs. That however does not mean players shouldn't follow these rules. The players who generally follow the rules don't ever have to worry about being banned. Those who try to break the rules however don't have this kind of luxury, they have to constantly "watch their backs" while playing the game because they know that when their caught its game over for them. So whether to break a rule or not is the player's own fault and if they want to break a rule knowing that they may get banned then so be it, they deserve it.

Why are you special?
Because my Mommy tells me that every night. No but seriously I don't feel like i'm special. I'm just your everyday typical kind of teen. I am however a pretty good multi-tasker. I can be in game, on the forums, on XAT and when I get my iPod fixed on Skype at the same time to help players.

Notes on yourself:
I'm a 17 turning 18 year old Chinese guy that barely knows Chinese. I'm from New York City and I'm a big Knicks fan. I'm 5'11, pretty tall for an Asian guy I would say. I'm a pretty mellow guy so it'd be tough to try to get under my skin. On my free time besides playing Galaxy is playing mahjong and basketball and watching How I Met Your Mother.

P.S. Constructive criticism is appreciated so don't be shy!

DARY
IBeAndrew
IBeAndrew

Back to top Go down

Andrew's GM App Empty Re: Andrew's GM App

Post  『Lambo』 Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:36 am

I like the choice of colors, bright and very readable

『Lambo』
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: