GalaxyMS Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shuffle's GFX Application

3 posters

Go down

Shuffle's GFX Application  Empty Shuffle's GFX Application

Post  Shuffle Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:18 pm

What are you applying for: GFX Position

Name: Oscar

Birthday: 25/7/12

How long have you been with us? 4 days

Experience(+proof): I’ve been GFX artist for about two years now. I’m constantly learning new techniques and improving on old ones. I have an Imageshack with 5 pages worth of graphics as well.

h t t p: http://imageshack.us/user/ShufflePod

My works are not only limited to simple forum signatures. In the past, I was the main GFX designer for a server called BlurMS a v75 server. I’ve made headers, banners, member PIPs, backgrounds for both their forum and main website, so I know what to expect and I know the level of commitment that is required from me.

For further proof, feel free to view my GFX thread, on it I posted 2 banners for this server. One designed for for the forum, and the other for the main website. The latter has the exact dimensions as the current banner that is used on the website.

How will you help us: My main goal is to see the server succeed and prosper, which can only happen if more people join and support it.

Keeping that in mind, it’s imperative that we attract new people to join.

Consider this situation: A potential member is viewing gtop100 and looking for a server to join--->Sees GalaxyMS’ banner; finds it professional looking and attractive-->Potential member is redirected to main site; notices how professional and clean the site looks, and is impressed, the potential member thinks that GalaxyMS is a great server and proceeds to download the files. I’m pretty sure this situation is self explanatory---that is: good graphics give good first impressions and that’s where I come in.

Reasons for applying: This server has a lot of potential. From the unique .Wz edits to the friendly and kind community, all it need is a little push. I have high hopes for this server, and I think it’s going to be something big, and I want to be part of it.

First thing you would change: I have a lot of plans for this server that I hope to share/implement, so it’s not simply just one thing.

First, we recently added new and customized content into the game (.Wz edits). It would be wise to update all of our banners, including the gtop100 one as well, this way players will know that we have customized content that will enhance their gameplay, in turn they’ll be likely to try out the server.

The 2nd banner I made already mentions the custom .Wz edits and has the same exact dimensions as the banner used on the main website. I was hoping to replace it with my banner, as it does look more clean and professional looking.

Next in line are the forums. I noticed how different they were compared to the main site. The colors literally contrasted with one another; it feels as if the forums aren't even related to the site. I want to change that. Perhaps design a decent looking background that matches with the main site. The Member PIPs (also known as rank badges such as: Admin, Member etc.) look very outdated/old, and they’re all black and look boring. But most importantly, they’re not even MS related. That has to change too.

List some of the rules: I don’t expect myself to become a mod, but in the event that I do I will do my best to enforce the rules, I am a lurker afterall, I spend a LOT of my time browsing through the forums. I lurk around trying to find something interesting to talk about

1.Avoid posting in threads that have not been posted in for more than 3 months unless it is necessary, or a member has something new to add to the conversation. No one wants old threads coming back with BS one word or spam posts, so if a member MUST revive, make it count.

2.Usual netiquette should be required. This for example means that spam, double-posting, rudeness or hostility towards other members, and of course backseat moderating (i.e. doing the staff's job by trying to call out rule breaks by other members, the last thing staff members want are users who pretend that they’re mods when they have no authority whatsoever.) etc. are not allowed. ROMs or links to pirated material as well as any other illegal stuff, sexual content are not allowed.

3. The word of the staff is of higher importance than the rules, as they are the ones who wrote them.

Why are these rules important?: These rules ensure that members will use proper netiquette, will not give a hard time to other users, post forum-appropriate content, and will not jeopardize the it and its members.

Should you ever break these rules: As a moderator it is my job to enforce these rules upon others, it would be hypocritical of me if I broke them. I’m a very accountable person, I ALWAYS take responsibility for ALL my actions whether they are right or wrong, and I’m will to pay the consequences.

Why are you special: I’m not special. I simply love doing anything related to graphics. I easily find myself spending HOURS creating little projects on Photoshop. In fact, it’s my one true hobby.

About me: Not much to say here really; I’m not expecting to get any in-game perks (although they would be nice Razz) since my job is solely related to making graphics for the website and the forums.

I look forward to working with all of you~
Shuffle
Shuffle

Back to top Go down

Shuffle's GFX Application  Empty Re: Shuffle's GFX Application

Post  Өbey Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:43 pm

Nice application! Shuffle's GFX Application  Huge-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon
I believe you'll help the server a lot. 100% support. Shuffle's GFX Application  Ok-sign-smiley-emoticon
Өbey
Өbey

http://galaxy-ms.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Shuffle Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:09 am

Thanks Rachel~ It has been two days and I haven't gotten any feedback on my application (I would like some), I hope I won't get in trouble for bumping my own thread.
Shuffle
Shuffle

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:31 am

Shuffle wrote:Thanks Rachel~ It has been two days and I haven't gotten any feedback on my application (I would like some), I hope I won't get in trouble for bumping my own thread.

Don't worry, you won't. Legend has been busy with his things to check on Applications. He will check it soon don't worry.

Back to top Go down

Post  Greed Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:48 pm

Good luck, seems like you might help the server quite abit Very Happy If you need help , look me up Razz
Greed
Greed

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum