GalaxyMS Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Mikeys GM Application •

Go down

•  Mikeys GM Application •  Empty • Mikeys GM Application •

Post  ItsMikey Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:40 pm

•  Mikeys GM Application •  Bannedstorycanvas2
What are you applying for:
Trying to become a GM

When's your Birthday:
My birthday is October 2nd 1994.

How long have you been with us?

I was on the server for a while, a good couple of weeks. Then when it got closed down I stopped playing because I thought it was closed forever. I had a personal family crisis and I went through some very personal issues and it was a very tough battle so I had to get through some really terrible things but I am back now and re-made my forum account and my game account and I am ready to give it my all. I lost hope but then I recently find out Galaxy was returning and I thought this was the perfect opportunity to come back to a new start and hopefully a new chance to help the server and the community.

Experience (+proof):

I owned a server back in 2008 called HeliosMS, It was big back in those times because private servers were always the big deal then and we had alot of good players, unfortunately through complications it was shut down. I was a GM in a few other servers as a advertisement GM. Basically, I made videos for the servers I was a GM in. I also did my GM part, but my specialty was getting the word out about the server I was in. Which brought in tons of people. Here are all of my videos ive been a GM in. (Note: My video editing skills have improved since the making of these videos, Currently have not created any new projects)

Helios MS - [Owned]
FallenStory- [Was a GM]
RamMS - [Was a GM]
CriticalMS - [Was a GM, Went by Shadow there]

MarinaMS - [Had TONS of memories here, sadly they closed down right at its peak of popularity]

How you will help us:

Everyday I wake up and get onto GalaxyMS I am going to try to make everyone enjoy the game in the best ways that they can. Whether it is helping new players who just joined, helping people with client related issues or in-game issues that need my assistance. I want to put my heart and soul into making everyone who plays this game have the best experience that they can. I think my experience and my passion for playing the game will make GalaxyMS the best server any player would want to be a part of.

Reasons for applying:

Every new community I have tried my absolute best and I think I have done a respectful job. I think I would be good because I have alot of experience with the private server world. In alot of servers with a lot of great people. Where do I start? Wow, well you're probably expecting me to just beg saying "OMFGLOLOL MAEK ME GM I BE VURRYYY ACTIVEEE!!! PLZZZZ". Well, that's probably what I'll do, once I've lost all my self-respect. But if I become a GM, I can't really ignore my responsibilities, can I? And I really hate hackers who mess up the game for other people. So you're bound to find me banning a ton of them cheaters. =D I understand that a GM's job it to rid of rule breakers from the game and I won't slack off. I will enforce the terms of service and help people understand them. If I was a GM, I would do what ever you would ask me. Whether it is to ban people strictly, or very loosely.
I`m caring and responsible and will respect everyone on this forum. I would want to become a GM because I know that I would have the leadership skills to be one. GM's need leadership skills such as patience, good personality traits and such, which I contain. I also love helping out when people have problems. I love making sure that whoever is playing a game I am a GM in is having the greatest gaming experience they can have. I would glady like to be a GM because of that, knowing what people need help and where they are. It's all for me. Being a former GM with my past experience, I am very knowledgeable of what you need to do and what is required. I have a friendly personality which I WOULD NOT let fame get to. (Some GM's let the fame get to them, then they become total A-Holes) I also have alot of patience which is another factor that I KNOW is needed when wanting to become a GM. Another reason why I would want to be a GM is because I find hosting events absolutely breath-taking. Seeing smiles on Maplers faces would make my day. I am also a VERY throughore person. I take my time with these things. I know I would be a great addition to the GM Team. That is why I want to become a GM. I have always loved MapleStory, from regular Maple all the way to the first private server OdinMS, I fell in love. I want to start something great here at GalaxyMS and I think if you could give me a chance I will not disappoint you or any of the players here in this community. I've put alot of time and work into all of my videos and how I play MapleStory every single day to make myself a better person and a better player. I am willing to do whatever it takes and am willing to put in all of the hard work it would take to have a chance to be a part of this journey with the staff here at GalaxyMS. All I need is a chance and I promise you, you guys will not regret it. Not one bit.

First thing you would change:

I don't know if I can necessarily name something on the spot. I am pretty content and happy with the way the server was, but hey. Everyday there's a new chance to get better at what you do and what you love. I love the game of MapleStory so I don't see why during my playing time here I won't be able to find some things that can be improved on and or fixed.

List some of the rules:

Don't leech other players.
• Don't give out any items unless someone won an event.
Don't spam notices.
Don't summon anything if there is no event going on in the game.
Don't abuse your power or harass any player(s)
Don't jail or ban any player without proof of the apparent crime or action
Don't harass players, staff, or anyone in the game at any time

Why are these rules important?

These rules are important because those are some of the fundamentals GM's live by. Without rules there would be chaos, anarchy, etc. Rules are placed in any game so the community and the staff that accompany it can be safe knowing they will have a relaxing and enjoyable experience playing any MMORPG with nothing but comfort. If there was no rules, especially for GM's and this community then people would be getting banned for no reason, GM's would be abusing there powers by giving out items and acting immature towards the community. These kind of actions would have GalaxyMS in chaos and that is why I think these rules are ever so fundamental and important.

Should you ever break these rules?

Absolutely not. As a GM you take an oath to be the best at your position that you physically can be. If you break these rules then you should have never even got even half as close to even getting such a position in any game. With great power comes great responsibility, and you should never abuse that.

Why are you special?

I think, from what I have personally seen over the years of many servers is a 'GM Application' 'Staff Recruitment' types of sections where people, when they believe they can handle the responsibilities as a GM post there resume's to show that they are at that level to do such tasks.
People post what they can offer and the end result is usually a hired individual who has the qualifications to be a great GM.
I believe in myself and the qualities I can bring to this server to get to that level.
Confidence. Is key and I believe that I can do this, I know I can do this.

Notes on yourself:

I have been a part of alot of communities and servers and put my heart into each and every game I was a GM for. Servers almost always get closed down at some point. The strong go on and get better but the ones who can't deal with the costs or servers eventually never make it. Most of all the servers I played for shut down from getting either lawsuits, staff related issues, or funds. It has been hard to find a place where I could get a chance to be accepted. I'm just a teenage kid who since there was 4 jobs and alot of "ur dmg sux noob" types of situations have had me fall in love with the game of MapleStory. I am just someone who has a passion for this game and I am looking for is a chance to show that. I hope I have reached one of you, even if I don't make the cut and I don't get the position. I want to go out saying that I tried my hardest and I will continue to keep on trying to get the opportunity to get this position. I won't let myself get discouraged.

Thank you for taking the time to read my application, I hope I can be a part of the GalaxyMS team.

-Mikey •  Mikeys GM Application •  Bannedstorycanvas3z
ItsMikey
ItsMikey

Back to top Go down